Thursday, May 26, 2011

Top 10 Lady Gaga Outfits

I know there are a lot of Lady Gaga lists out there of her most bizarre outfits (google "meat dress" for an ugly mess). But this is my own Top 10 list of the clothes I think look best on her. I'll be the first to admit that Lady Gaga is sort of hit-and-miss; sometimes she looks amazing and other times horrendous. But she has her own style, her own character, and it shines through. Disclaimer: I do NOT own these pictures. If any of these have violated a copyright, just let me know and I will take them down.

10) Gold Crystals

She seems to really like this pattern; I've seen a white and an emerald one just like it. But gold, I think, is far more striking, especially against the black. The gloves help make it elegant.

9) Bright and Sunny

The reason I love this outfit is that it looks like something I might actually wear in public. It's bright, it's colorful, and yes, her eyeshadow does not match, but I still think it works overall.

8) Masquerade

It is interesting that a person so proud of being "born this way" would wear so many masks to cover her face, which really is pretty if you ever get a chance to see it. Oh well, the mask is amazing and goes well with the biker jacket. 10 out of 10!

7) White Lace

She looks so fresh and young in white, like a bride. I am loving the hairpiece too. I am seriously considering making my own; it doesn't look that difficult - maybe just cut up some lace and glue it to a headband or barrette.

6) Butterfly Face

I love getting my face painted at carnivals (even though I'm in my 20's, you're never too old). I usually just get a little picture on my right cheek, but next time, I'll ask to have such a gorgeous, colorful butterfly all over my face. I like the bracelets too. Japan needs our prayers. As does Haiti. And all the people who have lost their homes in tornados in North Carolina, et al. So many people to pray for.

5) Lady in White

The headscarf? Not so great. But the jacket? I love it! I've wanted a studded white jacket like this for a long time now, and someday....someday....I will own one.

4) Overwhelming Color

Ok, on anyone else (me included) this outfit would look incredibly stupid. But Lady Gaga not only pulls it off, she makes it look fabulous to boot!!

3) Flashy Pants

What is there not to like about this outfit? It's got the bright flashy pants, bright pink gloves, a little hat, and the quintessential Gaga sunglasses. Classic.

2) Statue of Liberty

No, I don't think this is supposed to be a Statue of Liberty costume, but that's what I immediately think of when I see it. The headpiece is delicate and the dress is flowing. And she looks the most "normal" here of all her pictures.

1) Tiger Hoodie

What works about this piece is the eye makeup. The long stripes under the hot pink eyeshadow are a lot of fun. I love bright and colorful eyeshadow, and am actually wearing pink today!

No comments:

Post a Comment